Brakes are one of those components that you don’t want to ignore, especially when you notice a change in performance or a problem with braking. Your brakes help you stop and slow down when needed to drive safely on the road. If you notice a strange noise, sound, or performance issue - it’s time for a brake inspection.
Many parts of the brakes can wear down or warp over time, which is why it is important to pay attention to how your vehicle works. Worn brake pads or a warped rotor can cause a decrease in brake performance and can also lead to brake failure. As soon as you notice an issue, don’t hesitate to give our shop a call or schedule an appointment online for friendly service.
According to the Car Care Council, here are the top warning signs to look out for that can indicate a problem with your vehicle’s brakes:
- Noise: screeching, grinding or clicking noises when applying the brakes.
- Pulling: vehicle pulls to one side while braking.
- Low Pedal: brake pedal nearly touches the floor before engaging.
- Hard Pedal: must apply extreme pressure to the pedal before brakes engage.
- Grabbing: brakes grab at the slightest touch to the pedal.
- Vibration: brake pedal vibrates or pulses, even under normal braking conditions.
- Light: brake light is illuminated on your vehicle’s dashboard.